Change of employer
If you change job while you stay in Sweden and your period of tax relief is running (for three or five years), you have the chance to apply for tax relief in respect of the new job as well.
If you benefit from tax relief and change employer you may enjoy tax relief in your new job, provided you submit a new application. However, this only applies if you change employer during the period of validity of the decision regarding your first job.
The new job must directly follow the first one. Your intention must still be to stay here up to five years counted from your arrival. Thus the duration of the jobs must fall into that period of time.
It doesn't matter if your first job means that you have become habitually resident here. When examining your new application, that issue is assessed taking into account the circumstances when you started the first job.
We will process your new application even if it reaches us later than three months after you began working here. But please file the application as soon as possible as our first decision cannot be applied to income from your new job.
How to re-apply
- Fill in the application form (there is no special form for a re-application, so please use form 1220 or 1226).
- It is excellent if you mark “Change of Employer” in the form and the previous registration number (“dnr”).
- Make sure to check that contact details are updated.
- In an attachment, tell us when your first employment ended and the new one began, please include the new employment contract or other document confirming your new job.
- If you have the opportunity, please send in the previous decision as well.