Guide to form FSN 1220
Here we shed some light on which information to submit so that we can processs your application in the best possible way.
swedish identity number
- If you have a Swedish personal identity number or a Swedish coordination number, fill it in.
- It is all good if you do not possess one yet. We will be happy if you state your date of birth instead.
day of arrival in sweden
- If you are already here when you apply, fill in your date of entry.
- If you are outside Sweden when you apply, fill in the date on which you expect to arrive here.
Estimated duration of stay in Sweden
- One of the conditions for tax relief is that you do not intend to stay in Sweden for more than five years.
- Fill in how long you plan to stay here.
Has been a permanent or habitual resident (normally for six months) in Sweden at some time during the five years preceding the year in which the work commenced?
- “Habitual resident” refers to someone who stays in Sweden for at least six months in a row.
- If you have made short interruptions in a six-months stay here for visits abroad, your status as a ”habitual resident” in Sweden is not affected.
- Nor is it affected if your stay here have covered a year-end.
- Another case in point where you may be deemed as a “habitual resident” is if you have made regular visits to Sweden over a longer period, although each individual visit was shorter than six months.
- If you have stayed in Sweden at some time over the relevant five-year period and feel unsure about the impact of your visit or visits, please attach a brief résumé of your visits (dates, duration, and frequency).
- Fill in the postal address (not the street address!).
- Fill in “Attn: NN”, if you want your mail to go to a particular person.
- Fill in service, division, department, faculty and such, if you feel that there is a need.
Contact person or representative
- It is helpful if someone among the employer’s personnel, who is familiar with the recruitment or tasks at issue, acts as contact person.
- By “representative” we mean someone, for example a lawyer, who is authorized to act for you or your employer.
- It is optional to engage a representative, leave the box empty if you do not have one.
- If you or your employer have a representative, fill in his or her postal address and contact details.
- If you prefer that we connect directly with you, fill in your contact details.
Date of commencement of work in Sweden
- Fill in the date stated in your employment contract.
- But if you started working here on another date than the one stated in your contract, fill in the factual date.
- Fill in the name of your post, preferably in both English and Swedish.
- Give us a brief résumé of the job content.
to be submitted as attachments
- Before anything else, if you plan to provide your input later on always check the box ”Attachments will be sent later”.
- A thorough description of your responsibilities and tasks.
- A description of your particular skills or focus areas.
- Your CV.
- A description of your function in the company.
- It is very useful for us to get a picture of your level in the organization and the reporting chain, preferably illustrated by an organogram.
- A description of the company (business, size).
- A description of the difficulties recruiting someone on a national level with the relevant skills or focus areas.
- Please note that all of the bullets above are not relevant for everyone.
- For example, if you apply as a researcher in the academic field, no need to give a general presentation of the university’s activities or size or to file an organogram.
Application made by
application made by
- Fill in if the application is made by you, your employer or you both.
- No need to sign.
- If only one of you applies, that is just fine.